Saurus is a tough Bakugan that attacks his enemy's head and has a straightforward fighting style. Saurus has a quick temper and can break the ground in two with mighty punches, also, if his horns break off, they will instantly grow back. It is almost impossible to knock Saurus down as he is extremely heavy.
Bakugan Official Handbook
No frills. No fuss. Saurus doesn't worry about strategy or fancy camouflage. This Bakugan comes out swinging, using brute force alone to subdue its opponents. What does a Saurus makes of challengers who believe they stand a chance? Nothing makes this tough Bakugan happier than to smash a hopeful foe into nothing.
Bakugan Ultimate Handbook
Saurus is a super-tough Bakugan that looks like a dinosaur. He's short but his massive weight makes him impossible to pin down. Saurus lives to brawl, and he'll always attack an enemy head-on. When his quick temper gets the best of him, Saurus will get angry and pound the ground with his mighty fists.
Dan Kuso used a Pyrus Saurus in many episodes. Unfortunately, it was sent to the Doom Dimension. Runo Misaki has a talking Haos Saurus (acting as a Minor Guardian) and another Haos Saurus is shown entrapped in the earth on the Subterra/Haos plane of Vestroia in episode 42. Jewls, Shuji, and Akira all had Subterra ones. An Aquos, Ventus, and Darkus Saurus were seen on a Michael Gehabich video.
- Ability Cards
- Saurus Glow: Adds 50 Gs to Saurus. (Pyrus)
- Fire Wall: Subtracts 50 Gs from the opponent. (Standard Pyrus Ability)
- Rapid Fire: Adds a Pyrus Bakugan to the brawl. (Standard Pyrus Ability)
- Power Charge: Adds 100 Gs to Saurus and allows him to attack from any part of a field. (Standard Pyrus Ability)
- Shade Ability: Nullifies the opponent's abilities. (Standard Haos Ability)
- Rapid Haos: Adds a Haos Bakugan to the brawl if there is another Light (Pyrus, Aquos, or Haos) Bakugan from your team and is present on the field. (Standard Haos Ability)
A Pyrus Saurus appeared at the beginning of the second season along with Aquos Sirenoid and Darkus Juggernoid when the Vestals first began invading New Vestroia. An unnamed Vestal Brawler used a second Pyrus Saurus when battling Spectra with Viper Helios and lost. Another Pyrus Saurus was seen on Spectra's computer screen for a brief moment while Mira looked through it.
- Saurus is depicted on the card Juggernaut under its previous pseudonym.