In Bakugan: Battle Planet series, the Darkus world is now named Darkavia.
Darkus Bakugan have a large variety of G-Powers and Ability Cards so there are many ways to use them. The strongest Bakugan of this Attribute is a Scaboid with 1300 Gs. The current Soldiers are Alpha Hydranoid, Knight Percival, Linehalt, Infinity Helios, Orbeum, and Skytruss.
Notable Anime Users
|Alice Gehabich/Masquerade||Reaper (Only Masquerade) (Former)|
Hydranoid ► Dual Hydranoid ► Alpha Hydranoid
Exedra (As an Illusion) (Deceased)
|Ace Grit||Percival ► Knight Percival|
|Shadow Prove (Presumed Deceased)||Hades (Destroyed)|
MAC Spider (Destroyed)
|Barodius/Mag Mel (Deceased)||Dharak ► Phantom Dharak ► Razenoid ►Evolved Razenoid (Deceased)|
|Anubias (Deceased)||Horridian (Deceased)|
|Spectra Phantom||Infinity Helios|
|Wiseman (Deceased)||Betadron, Mutabrid & Kodokor (Deceased)|
|Gunz Lazar||Betadron, Mutabrid & Kodokor (Deceased)|
|Shun Kazami||Skytruss & Orbeum|
|Marduk (Video Game Character)||Vladitor ► Battle Ax Vladitor (Deceased)|
Battle Planet/Armored Alliance/Geogan Rising
|Col. Armstrong Tripp||Cloptor|
Darkus has a color scheme of a black body with purple trim, with mainly red, light blue, yellow and green as the third colors. Sometimes the colors may include gold and silver.
The Gundalian Invaders color scheme of Darkus Bakugan is still mainly black, but with sickly green highlights instead of purple. Although purple is still seen on Darkus Bakugan.
Relation with Other Attributes
Bakugan Dimensions Fighting Styles
On Bakugan Dimensions, Darkus is unique because its gate cards are stackable; so if you play one on top of another, the first one will not be dispelled. Most of these gates also boost the power of Darkus attacks.
- Darkness Falls
- Darkness Falls 2
- Solemn Night
- Balance of Power
- Strike from Shadow
- Gate Controller
- Darkened Waves - Darkus and Aquos
- Light in the Shadow - Haos and Darkus
The symbol of the Darkus attribute is derived from the Han character for darkness, 闇 (yami).
- Alice Gehabich, Taylor, and Chris are the only female characters that use this attribute.
- Of all the characters that are mentioned in this list, only Spectra Phantom is dressed with a costume of a single color, black, when he appears in Interspace Under Siege from Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge.
- On Bakugan Dimensions, it can drain stats and ignore defenses.
- Darkus Bakugan on Bakugan Dimensions don't have any fast attacks without stat advantages. (i.e., winning in agility)
- The majority of the users with this attribute are villains from each season except Alice Gehabich, Ace Grit and Spectra Phantom (he was a Pyrus villain in New Vestroia but his redemption made him a protagonist).
- 3/4 main antagonists use the Darkus attribute.
- More than half of the Baku Sky Raiders that have appeared in the anime are Darkus-attributed.
- Early episodes in the English dub, Marucho can be heard saying the japanese name darkon instead of darkus.