His attack style is fast and he unleashes glowing waves of attacking energy from the horns on his head. He is wise, good-natured and powerful. He is also dignified and has a serious personality. His main Battle Gear is Spartablaster. He and Zenet are very close and loyal to each other, something they expressed when defeated by Krakix.
In episode 5, Zenet used him against Drago and Linehalt. He and Zenet are shown to argue a lot, but are able to work well together. He defeated Linehalt with ease, due to the fact that he lost on purpose, but got sacrificed to destroy JetKor.
In episode 20, he battled alongside Krakix against Lumino Dragonoid and Hawktor, but lost. Later, he was attacked by Krakix for failing. He and Zenet were reunited to which she remarked that Gundalians are loyal to no one to which Contestir replies they are loyal to each other, to which Zenet agrees with and apologizes that it took her so long to realize that.
In episode 32, he appeared alongside Lumagrowl, Lythrius, Plitheon and Phosphos to battle Sabator and Aranaut but had to retreat.
In episode 36, he is seen battling the Castle Knights.
In episode 37, he continued to battle the Castle Knights, but was released along with Zenet when Kazarina's spell was lifted.
- Ability Cards
- Bleach Out: Prevents the opponent from activating any abilities.
- Shiny Lock: Subtracts 400 Gs from the opponent.
- Hyper Sky Bolt (Hyper Sky Volt): Prevents the opponent from activating any more abilities and subtracts 300 Gs from the opponent.
- Vanguard Lola: Transfers 200 Gs from the opponent to Contestir.
- Vandromeda: Contestir is removed from the battle and the opponent's Battle Gear returns to it's brawler.
- Bolting Storm (Volting Storm): Transfers 300 Gs from opponent to Contestir.
- Evil Copy: Turns Contestir into another Bakugan, copies all its abilities and allows him to get an extra 100 Gs for each card. (Unable to copy Battle Gear)
- Bolting Glow: Transfers 200 Gs from the opponent to Contestir.
- Advance Rapier:
Contestir is part of the BakuStand series. The Haos version has 800 Gs, the Darkus version has 630 Gs, Subterra version has 860 Gs, the Ventus version has 670 Gs and 880 Gs, a Crimson and Pearl version has 800 Gs, an Aquos BakuBlue Contestir has 860 Gs, and an Aquos version comes in 770 Gs.
- Contestir seems to have a much different outlook on battle than Zenet, as shown in episode 5.
- Contestir has a similiar appearance to the EVA Units from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Contestir shares qualities such as his shoulder pads, and knee razors with the EVA Unit 01.
- Contestir is the only Bakugan that can connect to Battle Gear when closed.
- When Contestir is summoned to the battle his entry looks similar to that of Preyas.
- Its packaging on the BakuBoost show him equipped with Spartablaster.
- Contestir's ability to copy another's looks and abilities is similar to the abilities of Ditto from Pokemon.
- However Contestir can use other moves/abilities while Ditto can only transform
- When equiped with Spartablaster, it looks like he has butterfly wings.
- Contestir is the only Bakugan so far in the anime that can become an "evil copy" of any Bakugan and use their abilities.
As Other Bakugan