Apollonir (Japanese version: Fafnir (ファーブニル, Fābuniru?)) was the most powerful Dragonoid Bakugan and the leader of the Legendary Soldiers of Vestroia. In Bakugan: New Vestroia when Drago was defeated and taken by Spectra Phantom, he became Dan's temporary Guardian Bakugan to help him win Drago back.
- 1 Information
- 2 Anime
- 3 Physical Game
- 4 Video Games
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Apollonir is the legendary Bakugan with four sets of wings and humanoid posture. He is the Leader of The Six Legendary Bakugan. In battle gear, Apollonir is the most powerful Dragonoid Bakugan. Apollonir uses a maximum Pyrus fire blast to eliminate its opponents.
Bakugan Official Handbook
Like Dan's Drago, Apollonir is a Pyrus Dragonoid. The legendary warrior is the leader of the famed six warriors of Vestroia.
Bakugan New Vestroia Handbook
Apollonir is the leader of the six legendary Bakugan. He is a cross between a Dragonoid and a Humanoid. When Dan loses Drago to Spectra in New Vestroia, Apollonir teams up with him to save his friend.
Bakugan Ultimate Handbook
Apollonir is the leader of the six legendary Bakugan who protect Vestroia. He is a Dragonoid but stands on two legs like a human.
Apollonir was the most powerful Dragonoid (before Drago evolved into Ultimate Dragonoid and then Infinity Dragonoid and after becoming Neo Dragonoid, into Cross Dragonoid). He was with a clown who used two Mock Dragonoid to battle against Dan and Drago. When Drago defeated the two Dragonoid, Apollonir took off his disguise and prepared himself to battle Drago. Dan used the Ability Card D-Strike Extreme and repeatedly did that until Drago defeated him. But when Drago still didn't evolve, he explained that he needed to defeat all of his friends to further evolve. In Bakugan Battle Brawlers, his wings resembled leathery insect wings.
Apollonir appeared in Dan's dream and offered Dan to be his temporary Guardian Bakugan after Spectra had taken Drago. During the battle against Spectra, he easily defeated Viper Helios and Metalfencer, but when Drago was used, he and Dan were backed into a corner. Later in the battle, Dan used Dragon Proudia, which turned Apollonir himself into a trident. Dan then proceeded to throw him to hit Drago's Perfect Core diamond and freeing him from Spectra's command. Also, Apollonir was revealed to be linked to the Perfect Core and as such, he has the ability to detect Drago from anywhere on New Vestroia.
When Drago says that he can no longer leave New Vestroia due to his link with the Perfect Core, Apollonir explains to Drago that although Drago is linked to the Perfect Core, he had become strong enough to free himself from it.
Apollonir and all the rest of The Six Ancient Warriors battled King Zenoheld and Farbros. Apollonir and all The Six Ancient Warriors were defeated in battle against King Zenoheld and later gave his Attribute Energy to Drago just like the other Six Ancient Soldiers did to the other Bakugan that belonged to the Resistance. This forced Drago to evolve into Cross Dragonoid.
- Neo Valute: Nullifies the opponent's ability and brings the opponent's G Power to Apollonir's Base Level.
- Saiam Low: Reduces the opponent's power level to 0 without harming the opponent, but abilities can still be used. (This ability can be stopped if the opponent adds G-Power at the last second, transferring G-Power or by fusing power levels with another Bakugan or Bakugan Trap).
- Dispel Roa: Nullifies all abilities and returns all Bakugan G-Powers to their Base Levels.
- Dragon Proudia: Returns the opponents G-Power to its Base Level, transferring all of the extra power to Apollonir. (When this card is used Apollonir turns into a trident, or as he states pure energy. If the brawler doesn't hit a specific target, he may make the opponent's "condition worse", meaning it may increase the opponent's power instead. Also when this card is used Apollonir can't attack, defend himself or use any other abilities).
- Infinity Waiver: Adds 300 Gs to Apollonir and each Bakugan on your side. (This ability can only be activated if the other Ancient Warriors give Apollonir their power). (Six Attributes)
- Maximum Revolution: Adds 200 Gs to Apollonir and each Bakugan on your side.
- Fire Tornado: Adds 100 Gs to Apollonir and subtracts 100 Gs from each opponent. (Standard Pyrus Ability)
|Pyrus:||470 Gs, 500 Gs (Pyrus/Haos Dual) 640 Gs, 650 Gs, 700 Gs|
|Subterra:||450 Gs, 500 Gs, 660 Gs|
|Haos:||480 Gs, 530 Gs, 580 Gs|
|Ventus:||500 Gs, 650 Gs|
Apollonir was originally released as part of the BakuSwap series for season one along with the other Legendary Soldiers. At 700 Gs, it was the strongest Pyrus Bakugan at the time. It was available in two forms-solid attribute colors, Haos, Pyrus, Subterra, and Ventus and mixed attribute colors, Haos/Pyrus only. The Ventus version has 500 Gs and 650 Gs, the Subterra version has 450 Gs, 500 Gs, and 660 Gs, the Haos version has 480 Gs, 530 Gs, and 580 Gs and the Pyrus version has 650, 640 Gs, and 470 Gs. A Darkus one has 640 Gs. The Pyrus/Haos dual color one has been seen with 500 Gs.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Apollonir does not make an actual appearance but appears on the Heavy Load and Earthen Wave Gate Cards.
- Apollonir's name is a portmanteau of "Apollo", the Greco-Roman god of the sun, and "Fafnir", Apollonir's original Japanese name, who was the Nordic elf who was transformed into a dragon by his greed.
- In the physical game, Apollonir is tied with Clayf for the highest Season 1 G-Power, at 700 Gs.
- Apollonir has the most wings of any Dragonoid, with eight.
- Apollonir is the only member of the Legendary Soldiers of Vestroia to win an on-screen fight.
- He may have possessed the Ultimate Warrior Gene as well because he defeated Drago, who was known to possess it. Dragonoid Colossus stated that only those with the gene are capable of defeating others that possess the gene.
- His horn in the anime is angled in the opposite direction of his horn in physical ball form.
- In Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Apollonir's voice changed between his battle form and his humanoid form. This does not occur in New Vestroia, where he only uses his humanoid form's voice. This does not occur in the Japanese version.