Akwimos (Japanese version Hopper (ホッパー, Hoppā?)) is a merman-like Bakugan. He was formerly Marucho's Guardian Bakugan (after Preyas, Angelo/Diablo and Elfin) in Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders and is succeeded by Infinity Trister. His Battle Gear is Gigarth.
Akwimos partners with Marucho of the Bakugan Battle Brawlers. He has powers that can't be beaten when it comes to underwater battles. Akwimos can create devastating attacks using water energy balls. With his claws tucked under both hands, he can break and nullify the powers of the Gate Card. Friends think he's very comical and funny.
His digital clone fought Linehalt and won after a long battle using Gigarth. After it beat Ren, Ren shows the brawlers what his Gundalian body looked like and established that they were not friends anymore.
Marucho programmed the digital Akwimos to speak, and with a laid back personality. The computer came up with the random phrase "Cool is the Rule, Dude" and he followed Drago around repeatedly saying that phrase, making Drago annoyed and the Brawlers puzzled. Later Fabia gave the brawlers the original Bakugan that the digital clones were based on. Akwimos got along quickly with Marucho. He found the digital Akwimos's phrase nice, and it has since become his catchphrase. He fought Rubanoid and Buz Hornix alongside the real Coredem and won by using Gigarth.
He appeared again along with Coredem and battled Strikeflier and Avior. Although beating Avior in round 1 he and Coredem get beaten by Strikeflier. After failing to beat Strikeflier in round 2, Marucho had Akwimos use "Elemental Blue" to create a wall of ice so he could freeze the opponents in their place so Marucho and Jake could get the chance to leave.
Akwimos battled with Aranaut against both Linehalt and Sabator. He and Linehalt fight one on one in the first round which he wins. The next round has everyone use their battle gear, However, before they finished their battle, the Sacred Orb sent out a dimensional twister and ended the battle.
Akwimos and Lythirus continued their fight in Dragonoid Colossus with the later coming out on top.
Akwimos attacked Gundalia Castle alongside Dragonoid Colossus, Hawktor; and Blitz Dragonoid beating Gundalian Bakugan on the way. After they entered the castle, Akwimos, Marucho, Hawktor, and Shun were separated from Dan and Drago, who had been trapped somewhere in the castle. Akwimos and Hawktor battled Strikeflier and Krakix. They knocked out Strikeflier but were unable to defeat Krakix and his battle gear Vicer.
He battled Coredem, who had used Rock Hammer. He also used Gigarth and ended the battle in a draw.
He continued his battle with Strikeflier but retreated with Marucho due to seeing Dan and Jake.
He battled Phantom Dharak, Strikeflier, Lythirus and other Gundalian Bakugan alongside Rubanoid, Phosphos, Blitz Dragonoid, Raptorix, Contestir, Plitheon, Hawktor, Coredem, Linehalt, Dragonoid Colossus and other Neathian Bakugan and was joined later by Sabator, Aranaut and Avior. He fought against Phantom Dharak alongside Linehalt, Coredem, Hawktor, and Drago but was defeated with one hit. 
- Ability Cards
- Heal Blue: Nullifies the opponent's ability and adds 300 Gs to every Bakugan on your team.
- Heal Wave: Adds 300 Gs to every Bakugan on your team.
- Ninja Eraser: Nullifies the opponent's Gate Card.
- Spiral Pressure (Spiral Crasher): Adds 400 Gs to Akwimos.
- Shadow Claw(Shadow Pincer): Adds 300 Gs to Akwimos.
- Depth World: Adds 400 Gs to Akwimos.
- Shadow Claw Double (Shadow Pincer Double): Transfers 300 Gs from the opponent to Akwimos.
- Ocean Booster: Adds 300 Gs to Akwimos.
- Loop Shield(Loop Defense): Adds 300 Gs to every Bakugan on your team.
- Elemental Blue: Freezes the opponent and makes the brawl a tie.
Akwimos, released in Wave 2, can be found in all Attributes. Akwimos is also one of the trickiest Bakugan to fold up. If it is not folded correctly from the start you have to start all over again. To equip Battle Gear you have to pull down its arms.
An Aquos version comes in 4 variations: 800 Gs and 680 Gs in BakuBoost and in a game pack with 670 Gs. It comes with 780 Gs in BakuTriad. A Darkus version can be seen on the BakuPoster with 750 Gs. A Pyrus version has 640 Gs and 660 Gs. A Subterra version is common in BakuTriad packs and BakuBoost and has 790 Gs. A Ventus version in BakuBoost has 750 Gs. A Clear version has 660 Gs and 800 Gs. The Japanese Aquos version can be 560 Gs.
|Pyrus:||640 Gs, 660 Gs|
|Aquos:||650 Gs, 670 Gs, 680 Gs, 760 Gs, 780 Gs, 800 Gs|
|Darkus:||750 Gs, 790 Gs (BakuStealth)|
|Clear:||660 Gs, 800 Gs|
- He is the first of Marucho's Guardian Bakugan that is unable to change its Attribute without a Gate Card or an Ability Card.
- Akwimos and Splight were the only Wave 2 Bakugan featured on moves in Bakugan Dimensions.
- Akwimos speaks with a Kansai Accent (Kansai-ben) in the Japanese version, just like Marucho's previous partners.
- Also, the "Cool is the rule, dude!" line is originally a Kansai-ben phrase.